Sunday, October 7, 2007

Homecoming 5K



Last week my 9-year-old nephew, Miles, and I ran in a 5K up at the U for homecoming week. It was such a fun experience to be with Miles running the whole race. Now getting a 9-year-old to 3.2 miles is some experience! We made it through the first mile just fine, but after that we focused more on just getting the race done (by walking).
I think the funniest thing that happened out there was I was trying to get Miles to talk throughout it so he wouldn't focus on the race. I asked him his favorite TV shows, how school was, and finally "how are you doing?" With a completely white face Miles responded, "I'm fine." When we were driving home he said, "Liz, remember that time you asked if I was OK? Well I lied and I really wanted to die at that moment!"
I am really proud of Miles for finishing the race because he did such a good job! Miles is such a great kid and anyone who gets to know that kid is one lucky person. He is so smart, loves ALL animals, and is one of the most mature kids I know who is always willing to help out.
Great job bud and thanks for running with me!

1 comment:

Sammy said...

Thanks for supporting me, I hope you had fun. Too bad Miles beat you on the run.